Between 10 to 12 million Americans will contract head lice this year.
Will YOU know what to do?
How will you go about curing your family of head lice?
We encourage you to get the most efficient tools and know-how for curing lice, and not waste a minute or dime on drug-store or prescription head lice insecticides, or sprays, or Vaseline.
For what can take most parents up to 8 months of time and effort,
can be done in about 2 to 3 hours with our Nit Kits or in home head lice removal service.
(Magnified nit : notice the long stick of the nit. It's the glue tube.)
Did you know?
3. LOOK to see if there is a glue tube attached. If there is no glue tube,
it is NOT a nit and you can HOLLER for Joy.
If there are glue tubes, call us for a Nit-Kit right away or book an lice removal appointment.
What could it be then, if you see no "glue tube" on the paper?
Below is the true story of a mother who found out that she needlessly spent 5 years of her lice – and her daughter’s life –
I had a 10 minute phone consultation with a woman a while back, who
She had been nitpicking her daughters head for 5 years, and doing
How do you catch head lice?
Head lice are highly contagious as the lice love to travel from one head to another when ever they can. They can also be left behind on a car seat, or in a hairbrush, or
airplane seat, for an expected new host to catch it.
Carrying a child, holding them in your lap, sitting on a couch next to each other reading a book, are all opportunities for head lice to scramble on to you. Since head lice are among us, it's important to get the right tools and method ASAP, so you can
be the LiceMaster, and quickly screen for, and be able get rid head lice quickly when it appears.
Are routine head lice screening at schools a good idea?
Absolutely. Weekly or routine screening at school for head lice is vital to prevent student head lice outbreaks from getting bigger and bigger.
Ideally, that job is not left to only the health nurse, as the task is often
to much too large for one person to do. Head lice is a community issue.
However, visual inspections will generally not catch an early infestation.
What is required for more effective school inspections?
Screening needs to be done in GOOD Natural LIGHT with MAGNIFICATION.
Plus, the screener needs to be able to distinguish between nits and DEC Plugs and hair casts. ( see Top of page) ( I offer Training for this, and training volunteer Lice checkers)
How effective are school or home "visual" head checks?
They can be effective in spotting a long standing lice infestation or a medium one, or maybe even a beginning one, but they are no where near 100% or even 80% accurate.
Even the best visual inspection will surely MISS a very early infestation.
Over half of the parents at lice appointments pass my own 'visual inspection' but actually turn out to have nits and lice when they do the "10 minute comb out" below.
The lack of effectiveness at spotting an early infestation by visual inspections is why the parents or guardians "Wet combing Method" needs to be done on a weekly basis.
Why do you recommend Friday late afternoon school lice screening?
Friday late afternoon screening can:
1. have the parents not miss work to come and get their kids.
2. it ensures children are not waiting all day in the front office, feeling terribly
ashamed, waiting to be picked up.
3. give the parents Friday night and the weekend to remove all eggs and nits.
How do I really know for sure if do not have head lice?
You will need to use the Nit Free Terminator or LiceMeister comb to really know
for sure in a "10 minute wet comb out".
How do you screen for nits and lice effectively?
You need to use Nit Free Terminator or LiceMeister comb in the "10 minute wet comb out".
What is the "10 minute wet comb out"?
The 10 minute comb out is only way to know for sure if you have or do not have head lice. It's 10 minutes with these tools.
Nit Free Terminator comb/ white paper towels/ hair pick for tangles/wet hair/
This can be done in the bathtub if you think the kids would like to do it in there, or in a chair.
What are the directions for the 10 minute wet comb out?
1. Get hair soaking wet.
2. Put 1 tablespoon of hair conditioner to wet hair ( or more, if hair is super long and
3. Take out the tangles with a hair brush or hair pick.
4. start combing with our suggested nit comb.
5. Every 7 strokes of the brand new comb, give a quick wipe on a folded WHITE paper
towel. (folded in quarters).
6. Do this for 10 minutes.
7. Look at the folded white paper towel. Do you see any nits or baby lice (nymphs) or
adult lice? With your index finger, rub the hair conditioner. Can you see any nits or
lice now, in the hair conditioner?
8. If you comb for 10 minutes and find no lice or nits, you can do the
This is the only way to know for 100% sure you really are lice free.
FACT: most parents or sibling who 'pass the visual inspection', actually turn out to be infested with lice when this Wet Combing Method is done.
What is the Weekly Prevention Friday Night Comb Out?
See Above: What are the directions for the 10 minute wet comb out?
What are the benefits of the Weekly Prevention Friday Night Comb Out?
1. It catches an infestation early. The infestation will only be less than a 1 week old.
2. Since the infestation is brand new, the time to cure the infestation will be much
3. It will likely prevent other family members from getting lice.
4. It will likely prevent friends and schoolmates from getting lice.
5. It will likely prevent mom and dad from getting lice.
6. It will prevent MOM from getting lice. ( I had to say that again! We mamma's don;t
7. Doing the 10 minute combout weekly, (that is 52 times in one year) will quickly
have your children becoming good at combing their own hair for head lice, and give
them the tool and capacity to cure head lice.
Contact us for quality Lice removal products and
equipment for schools and homes, and a wonderful in home lice removal service)